Monday, March 30, 2015

What I'm Currently Writing

I noticed that I haven't spoken much about what I'm writing recently, and that's because I'm hip deep into it right now and don't really like to speak about in progress projects. It's mostly because I don't like making promises for things that are a-ways off and because things change as you write them so I don't like to make promises that might not deliver what folks are hoping.

I can say, however, that what I'm writing now is much different from my novella (which I mostly released to prove to myself that I could put something out there) that is aimed at a bit of different genre than that was. This is more mainstream and aimed at a bit of a younger audience (in body and soul) with a heavy emphasis on action, adventure, and good time heroics. It's not bleak like modern books, nor is it as squeaky clean as most "Christian fiction" is, but a salute to all the things that made my childhood fun.

A hint as to what it is might be-- well, here's an example. Think old school anime like Sailor Moon and Yu Yu Hakusho meets Power Rangers (and general henshin) meets superheroes like the X-Men. But that's not all, I also have elements I enjoy from shows like Gargoyles as well. The biggest inspiration is a show called Ronin Warriors which was a very influential show for me as a kid. In other words, what I'm working on is explosive.

But it's also long. There are a lot of stories in this and I have to work out a lot of what's going on, some world-building, not to mention the personal editing and professional editing . . . this will take a while to write.

If you were hoping for more like my S.E. Hinton / George MacDonald tribute novella (I doubt anyone wants more of that) then I apologize. I feel like a have a duty to pursue this, and so I will. As long as it takes.

In the meantime, I'll just keep waffling along with this blog reading books, listening to music, and watching movies and TV shows, and hopefully you'll see fit to continue joining me.

Have a good and blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment