Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Seven Continents Book Challenge

Via Happy Catholic: Favorite books from different continents!


1. What is your favourite book set in Europe? Who is your favourite European author?

That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis

J.R.R. Tolkien without question.


2. What is your favourite book set in North America? Who is your favourite North American author?

Love in the Ruins by Walker Percy

Favorite author is harder, as I haven't found the most consistent canons from authors I enjoy. I guess I might have to go with Dean Koontz for being the author to most consistently hit the mark for me.


3. What is your favourite book set in South America? Who is your favourite South American author?

I'm afraid I do not have one of either.


4. What is your favourite book set in Asia? Who is your favourite Asian author?

Silence by Shusaku Endo

Same author.


5. What is your favourite book set in Australasia? Who is your favourite antipodean author?

This is probably my weakest area. I do not know of any novels I have read entirely set here or am I aware of any authors I read from there. I sure would like to, though.


6. Have you ever read, or do you know of, any books written by authors in Antarctica/ the Arctic?

Afraid not.

I have read stories on a global scale with both as parts of the story, but never one taking place entirely in such a region.


7. Who are your favourite African authors & books set in Africa?

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

No all time favorite authors.


Going by this I sure do seem to like reading European authors from the mid-20th Century and earlier and modern 21st Century North American authors above all. Not that I wouldn't like to read more from other areas, but I would probably need suggestions first.

Anyway, it was a fun try.

No comments:

Post a Comment