Tuesday, October 6, 2015

What I'm Working On

Currently I'm working on a series of short stories based on a superhero I created. It's a bit of an anthology of adventures that all tie together and lead to a (hopefully) explosive conclusion. I've never really written anything close to this before which is rather exciting to write.

The hero is called The Seeker, and he has a knack for finding people he's looking for. It's a very simple idea, but it ended up being very difficult to write out. Still, I'm very much enjoying writing it out. The first story ended up explaining a lot without telling too much, and I'm very proud of it even this early into writing and editing. This is an idea that came to me when writing another story altogether.

On the other hand, I'm still working on the last project of a series of novels inspired by about everything I love as a kid. I started that during NaNoWriMo last year and since then I have written three novels in the series. I still have heavy duty editing to go through, both personal and (again, hopefully) professional if I can ever get the money together and find someone to edit who will understand the genre of story I'm telling.

Finding a good editor is hard. While You Were Dancing, for instance, may by really straightforward a read now, but finding an editor who understood it wasn't a nihilistic dirge of hopelessness wasn't all that easy. I kept getting suggestions that were completely wrong for the story because it is a quirky idea. I finally got some editing from an editor that understood, but it took some time. Unfortunately, I just don't know enough people to trust as beta readers or editors, which means it will take some time to get my stuff published. It's a shame, but it is what it is.

Anyway, that's my current status update. I hope anyone who reads this blog finds it informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment