Saturday, August 27, 2016

To the Batmobile!

I'm way too young to have seen the 1960s Batman show when it first aired, but I did grow up with it.

Back before kids were declared by experts to have no interest in the old days, YTV in Canada used to air shows that were decades older than its audience. The Batman live action show was one of them, airing in the afternoons. And I was a huge fan.

Apparently I'm not alone, because it's finally being brought back, only in animated form:


It's a throwback to an age where you could be silly and lighthearted without having to be nasty or pointlessly irreverent. There isn't really anything like the 1960s Batman, and its longevity is proof that it has also affected many others as well.

I know some people who dislike this show, but I will never understand why. If you were ever a child with a childlike sense of wonder, then this show is for you. It is one of the best pure fun television shows there is. Cynicism can't taint it, even with age.

Have a good weekend, everyone, and I'll be back next week. Same bat blog, same bat poster.

2 comments:

  1. I am old enough to remember the Batman series, and I loved it. It was silly, but at least it wasn't trying to spoil my innocence like today's television fare.

    Nissa from
    http://myantimatterlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 60s Batman is probably my favorite version of Batman so this sounds right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete