Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Update from the Wasteland

Whew boy, I didn't expect that last post to blow up the way it did! Thanks to everyone who read linked, or commented, to it. It's nice to see that my rambling isn't always being absorbed by the void.

Now it's time for an update on just what has been going on with me. These posts are doubly fun because I get to tell you what's happening, and at the same time organize my thoughts. A lot's been going on behind the scenes.

So here's what's up.

I currently have three short stories out for submission. I'm still waiting on word whether any have been accepted or rejected yet. Hopefully I should have an update on any of these in the near future.

In other news, I've also finished editing another short story I got back from my second editor. I'm also deciding on where to send that. This one was a bit different than my usual: it's my attempt at more of C.L. Moore joint. It was tricky to put together.

As for projects done, I have a novella/short novel done, but I need to wait for my editor to have some free time to give it the once over so I can put the finishing touches on it. Once I get that back and edited, it will be ready to go. But, unfortunately, I don't see that happening by October at this rate.

I just started a short pulp superhero novel that I outlined (this might be the first time I follow an outline all the way through!) that I also hope I will have finished and out by year's end. But again, that will depend on if my editor has the time. Nonetheless, I'm liking where this one is going.

As for book 2 of Knights of the End, that one is still on the back-burner. The truth of the matter is that while the reception for it was surprisingly positive for a first novel, it hasn't done quite well enough for me to need to rush a sequel out. It's still being written, but it's not a priority. I have to give the audience what they want, and my short story from the Crossover Alliance has gotten the most positive audience reaction out of anything I've ever written. So that's the direction I'm going in for now.

But the follow-up will eventually happen.

In other news, a friend and myself are playing around with an idea that has me a bit excited. If all goes according to plan, we should have a blog for it up by September. And before anyone asks, it's not writing related (at least, not directly) but it should be a lot of fun. We need to get all our ducks in a row first. Stay tuned for that.

Also been making slow (glacially slow) progress in regards to moving. Of all the events I have listed so far, this is by far the least likely to happen this year. But, who knows. Please pray for me that I can work it out. It's tough organizing something like this.

Basically, I'm saying to sit tight. I do have things coming! I really haven't been sitting around twiddling my thumbs over the past half year. 2017 has been a very productive year for me, and I'm hoping I can show you all the results sooner than later.

And thanks for visiting. I appreciate every visit and comment from every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment