Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Update!


So what have I been doing?

It's been a while since I wrote a good old fashioned update post for the blog. There's been a lot of things going on recently so I never really get to post about my work as much.

This update can be summed up into four points:

First: I have two short stories currently being sent out. No, they are not for Cirsova. They don't quite fit the mood that magazine is going for. I'm hoping to here word back on them within the next few weeks. These stories are great and were a lot of fun to write. If you enjoyed my story in volume 3 of the Crossover Alliance then you should dig these. I hope you get to read them sooner than later, but that is mostly out of my hands at this point.

Second: I am near completion on a novella I have been working on for some time. It's an off-kilter story with a lot of action that was a different sort of experience to put into words. More on this when I have it all hashed out and ready. I'm hoping the folks in the pulp revolution crowd will like it as much as I do.

Third: Book 2 of Knights of the End needs a heavy rewrite. I had written it a while back since before the first book was even published and I've learned a lot since then. I've also had a few epiphanies regarding that world. So you can hopefully expect this by the end of the year, God willing.

Fourth: All of those things happening is contingent on events currently unfolding in my personal life. As it is, I will most likely be out of town on the first week of July. So the likelihood of any of this coming out soon relies on forces outside of my control. Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

And that's basically where I am at right now.

As I write it out it actually feels like I'm a lot further along than I initially thought. Despite what I've got going on I'm still pushing ahead and writing what I want (and from what I've heard, what my audience wants) and doing it at a pretty solid pace.

Thanks to everyone who reads and links to this blog, including Brian Niemeier, Jeffro Johnson, and the Pulp Revolution folks. I've been having a blast writing and reading all this stuff I didn't know existed, or was even certain it could have. But things are changing, and I hope to be a part of that change.

Rev it up, everyone!


1 comment: