Thursday, October 7, 2021

Update: Out to Lunch



Sorry, no proper post today. This week has been a bit too busy with problems unrelated to the blog or writing in general. Instead there will be a sort of an update regarding future plans. There's only a few things to talk about so I'll get right into it.

First up is Pulp Rock, the anthology I have a story coming in very soon! There has been a lot of movement behind the scenes.

Manuel Guzman recently put up a video detailing his art process for the cover. Give it a watch, the cover is amazing.




Over on the campaign side, Alexander is now offering special VIP passes as an add-on. As far as I'm aware he is also looking into other tidbits to add before the campaign is done. There is little more than a week left, so give it a glance soon!

To get into the rest of the update, well it's a bit more complicated.

Back around the beginning of summer I've had to deal with more than a few new personal issues on top of maintaining the blog and writing. Unfortunately it has left me far more exhausted than I would like. There just isn't the time as of this moment to dedicate to everything I want to do. On top of it, because of this my fiction writing has slowed down to levels I am simply not fine with. Something needs to change and soon.

So starting next year there will not be consistent posting on the blog. To have to deal with a bunch of real life stuff then only have time for blog posting (because it is faster and gets content to readers easier) at the expense of my craft is more than a little irritating. This move isn't being made because I dislike the blog, or connecting with readers, but because it is taking up too much time that needs to be spent elsewhere.

It also doesn't help that this year is on track to having the most posts and activity Wasteland & Sky has ever had. I made that decision last year that I would put more into the blog, and I did and am happy it has worked out. There has been a lot more visitors here than I've ever had. It's also enjoyable thinking about things and seeing just how on or off the mark I might be on a subject. It is an invaluable outlet for me, in many ways. But I'm also running on near empty on this side while my fiction writing side as chomping at the bit to go pulp speed again. Something has to give!

This just means that I will be focusing more on other areas instead for 2022.  I wanted to get four books out this year and, even though 3/4 are written (and the fourth is very close to done) it still doesn't look like I'm going to get more than one out again. This isn't good enough, and it needs to change. So I'm going to make sure it will.

In summation, 2022 is going to be a fiction year with the blog on lowest priority. Hopefully it'll be  temporary change, and I won't stop posting entirely, but it's a decision that simply must be made now. I need to get back on track.

I have a lot of projects in the pipeline at various stages of completion, and want to see far more output actually reach readers next year. So it's going to be a big one! I'll make sure of that. You all deserve as much.

As for the rest of the year, well, I might as well keep up my promise, right? I have a few more ideas for posts to put out there, though I wouldn't expect anything huge. Already I feel the call to finish off some stories and start some new ones.

Have yourself a good week and I'll see you next time. There is a lot more adventure to come, just wait and see!








2 comments:

  1. good luck with all this, but it doesn't mean that you should forget about this blog, nor answer me some of the questions posted in your entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still be posting and checking here, I just won't be making it such a central activity around my writing.

      Delete