Saturday, October 23, 2021

Weekend Lounge: Fall Edition



The weather is getting colder out there, but after the summer we had it is quite welcome. Sit back in your nearest comfortable spot and relax. Today I've got a few links for you.

The above is a recent superversive podcast episode on a superversive video game story called To The Moon. This is an older game, but it's still not that well known today so you might have heard about it. How is this one superversive? You'll just have to tune in and find out!

Up next, old school gaming channel Game Sack uploaded a review of every game released on the unfairly ignored Turbografx-16 console, which is the North American version of Japan's legendary PC Engine.

If you are a retro gamer, or just interested in old video games, it is worth seeing due to the fact that system is far better than you might have heard. I've also included the second system review episode they did a few years back as it is also one of their best works.

The console deserves to be more well known, so I'm doing my part sharing it with you today. The period from the mid-1980s to late-1990s is gaming's golden age, and the TG16 was a big part of why. Check the videos to find out why.




Finally, I wanted to thank everyone who backed both campaigns for Pulp Rock, who read Brutal Dreams, StoryHack #7, Y Signal, and the blog series on Fandom this year. I put a lot into all of those projects and I am grateful that the reaction has been as warm as it was. There are other projects still in the oven, but I can't tell if they'll be out this year or not. Nonetheless, thank you for lending the support you have. It is very humbling.

I will see you next week where Halloween finally hits then we move into All Saint's Day and the year's end! It's been a weird one, but it's not over yet!

We've got a lot left to do, so I hope you'll join me on that road. Next year's gonna be good, but I've still got a few more tricks up my sleeve.

Have a good weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment