Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Gemini Man Kickstarter is Live!

The Campaign is live here!


Today is the day that my first ever Crowdfund campaign is a go! This has been a long time coming, and I'm happy too finally share it with you today!

The Kickstarter covers the entire Gemini Man series that I first started working on with Silver Empire a few years back. Only the first book was released, the second on the cusp of release when Silver Empire unfortunately shuttered operations, and the third book only ever made it through the editing process. I've had a whole year since getting these books back to finish putting out a few other works first (such as The Last Fanatics, Y Signal, and Generation Y: The New Lost Generation) but now I can proudly say that all three Gemini Man books are complete and ready for you to dive into!

Let us get into what this trilogy is all about.

The whole project began when Silver Empire approached me to write a new series for their upcoming Heroes Unleashed project. I knew I wanted to use this opportunity go all out. This wasn't going to quite be what you expect out of a superhero story. In fact, it's debatably a superhero story at all. I was still a newer writer when I began the Gemini Man, I had only published about two books when I started Book One, and wanted to throw everything including the kitchen sink into this world before me.

And that's just what I did.

The Gemini Man stars young adult Matthew White and teenager Jason Vermilion as they find themselves attached to bracelets named Castor and Pollux, both of which give them strange powers unlike anything on Earth . . . or other planets! The trilogy starts with the two escaping the experiment that gave them their powers and landing in a whole new world where magic lives and an unknown race of people roam. Can they escape their pursuers, or are they destined to be fuel for some warped alien being who wants to rule two worlds? The trilogy traces their journey from captives to free men, in more ways than one.

  • The first book, Gemini Warrior, is a portal story where our heroes land in a new world and have to find their way back out before they are blown to bits!
  • The second book, Gemini Drifter, is a road trip tale across the US as our heroes take on a quest to stop their enemies from unleashing their cult on the rest of humanity!
  • The last book, Gemini Outsider, follows our heroes as they try to set up a new life with their new reality, but old enemies won't let them rest. Can they finally defeat their foes and build a future for themselves? No more running. It is time to fight back!

Originally, this trilogy was meant to set up the characters and settings in the Heroes Unleashed universe, and as such I framed it as an origin story for Matthew and Jason, so by the end you will see them as the heroes they should appear as in any future projects Heroes Unleashed might have. Regardless of how that turns out, this is a complete series and the characters complete their arcs. 

While this is a complete series being offered today, all three can be read sequentially or independent of each other. This isn't one story chopped up randomly into three volumes. I didn't want this to be like a typical trilogy is done in OldPub.

Check out the campaign page for more information, including rewards and stretch goals. There is a lot to go over that I simply can't fit in this blog space.

Once again, thank you for everyone who has ever supported me before. It is thanks to you that I can even launch this campaign at all. Let's make this the best crowdfund we can!

The Gemini Man crowdfund is here.






Thank you again for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment