Thursday, August 29, 2024

Down in Miami II



In the distant future, Earth is trapped in ruin from excessive decadence. The only thing that can break it out is discovering a truth long buried and forgotten. What are the Phantoms, and what do they really want? What is the secret to this state of decay?


What you are looking at is the trailer for my current serialized story, Phantom Mission. The music was composed by one Jacob Calta of 365 Infantry fame, who did a killer job. I wanted to get the vibe of the story off in a small minute and a half preview, and this is what came out. The full version of the track is available to backers on the Patreon, so if you want more you get it here. Trust me, the whole thing is a banger.

We are rounding the bend on the conclusion of the first part of what is looking to be three in the overall serialized Phantom War story. If you want to back to read Phantom Mission, which is the opening act, you can join the Patreon right now and have access not only to that, but also exclusive updates and podcast episodes you can't get anywhere else. While I'll still be posting here, backers will get more on top of what is usually released to the public.

If you want to read this ongoing epic before anyone else (because it will be a long time before I can get it out to the public), then be sure to back the Patreon today! It'll really help me in getting more material out faster for everyone involved.

In other news, as recently revealed to backers, I just passed 30 written short stories. That's a crazy number to reach, and I've still got more on the way.

As for any new news on that front, my story "Mirage Carousal" will be in the next issue of Cirsova coming out in September!

Here is the cover:


Preorder it here!

The description of "Mirage Carousal":

Mirage Carousal
By JD COWAN
When a coven of witches all but ushers in the end of the world, Nick seeks the one dissenter in an illusory wasteland of violence and degeneracy, offering redemption!

If you read my piece in Sidearm & Sorcery Volume 3 then you might recognize the name of the main character here! There is a good reason for that. If you have not read either I would recommend starting with Mirage Carousal first then moving onto What's it Like in There? in S&S3. The reason for that will become clearer once you read them both.

Related to new stories, I've also got a few more completed and submitted to different markets, but have no idea of their current status, so I will keep you posted when I am able to. At the same time, I'm also working my way through other pieces, as well as the sequel to Phantom Mission. There's quite a bit on the way.

And I've got even more on the way.

I guess it was little more than a small update today, but I think it's a solid one worth sharing. The year's not done yet, so keep an eye out! You're bound to see a few more surprises before it's up.






No comments:

Post a Comment