Thursday, April 13, 2023

Swords & Maidens Livestream!



I hope the spring has treated you well. I've been a bit busy dealing with personal matters recently, but I do have something to share. It's a pretty fun little tidbit, and an update!

As for the tidbit: A bunch of the authors involved in the exciting Swords & Maidens anthology were recently on the Indie April Author Livestream run by Periapsis Press to talk about the new book. The PP channel contain an author livestream where writers get together to talk about their tales with the audience, and this one was rather stacked!

For two hours you can hear them discuss the creation of their stories in the anthology and the process behind what drove them to write. I highly recommend watching the entire piece as it is very informative and quite the good time, especially for those who enjoy learning about the creative process. I would also recommend the anthology itself, and not just because I am in it, but because it is legitimately good. I'm reading through the full thing right now and having a great time.

You can watch the full interview here:




Before you ask the question: no, I was not able to attend the livestream. However, some discussion of my story is included regardless. Thanks to the others for pulling up my slack! Quite the talented bunch was gathered for this anthology.

If you wish to know more about my story in Swords & Maidens, I already wrote more extensively about it here. Suffice to say, it is still one of my favorites I've written so far. If you haven't read "Judgement Sun" yet, now is your perfect chance!

I should also thank the readers once again. Everyone who has read "Judgement Sun" has had very kind words for it, and I very much appreciate the feedback. Please be sure to leave a review if you have read the anthology and let everyone know. The people behind the book and newer potential readers would really appreciate it!

In other news, I am halfway through my final edit sweep of the three Gemini Man books. After I am done I will be creating a crowdfund campaign specifically for the best possible covers for you, the readers, to have. It will hopefully be up sooner than later, but with all the chaos going on recently it might suffer a delay. We'll see. Nonetheless, it is three complete books (an entire trilogy) coming very soon for your reading enjoyment. I am very excited to get these out. The only question remains is how to exactly tackle a campaign. I still have my work cut out for me.

At the same time, I do have other projects on the way, including a brand new series I've already started and need to get back to. I'll say more about that when the Gemini Man books are finally in the rearview mirror, but for now I want to concentrate on getting these done and in the best quality possible. These have been years in the making, from my earliest publishing days. I thank Silver Empire (RIP) for giving me the chance to write these books, but Heroes Unleashed lives on regardless with new books from different writers currently in the pipeline. It was, and remains, quite the interesting project. If the universe interests you, I would suggest contacting Morgon and Russell Newquist about contributing. It is not as difficult as you might think, and you might have a very interesting idea that might not fit anywhere else in your plans. Either way, the option is there.

As for the crowdfund, if you have anything you would specifically like to see in it, be sure to let me know. I have never done one of these before, so knowing what the audience wants ahead of time does a lot of good for the final product. Reminder: these three books are completely done and edited. I just need to get them out to you, the reader. That means it is up to you to let me know how you would like to receive and read them. It is all about making it easier for the reader, after all. NewPub counts on us to succeed.

That is all for today! Have a good week and I will see you next time. There is much more to come, and some very cool surprises. I can't wait for you to see them.






No comments:

Post a Comment